Lonestar Barbeque Society rules apply – LSBBQS Rules. You do not have to be a member of the Lonestar Barbeque Society to enter this cook-off (although you really should become a member).
Thank you for your interest in Participating in the Flower Mound Smoke Fest. This October’s event will be at Parker Square, in Flower Mound, TX in the parking lot behind Midwestern State University. We look to build upon last May’s success with additional space for more competitors. We are limiting the event to no more than 45 teams.
FM Smoke Fest Leadership will provide communication to registered teams leading up to the competition date as details get worked out. As you begin planning, please make note of a few items.
- All Teams are expected to compete in the People’s Choice Competition. Teams may serve anything they choose, provided competition meats are not served prior to turn in.
- Team Check In begins Friday at 3:00. The event concludes after the award ceremony on Saturday, at which time, teams will be permitted to leave. There will be no early departures on Saturday.
- Head Cook or representative must attend Cooks Meeting at 7:00 PM Friday evening.
- Head Cooks are responsible for the cleanliness of their area and the conduct of their teams. Overnight security will be onsite. Quiet time from Fri. 11:00 pm through 8:00 AM Sat.
- Street Level Event. All teams will be located in a fenced-in parking lot. Each team, on their arrival will be assigned a set up location that will be roughly 26 x 18 feet, basically three parking spaces. There will be a limited number of locations for teams with larger, trailer mounted, cookers. If your unit needs exceptional space, please email info@FMSmokeFest.com with details prior to registering.
- Cookers: Electric grills are not allowed (except for beans). Heat source must come from wood (pellet grills are allowed).
- Teams furnish their own meat, wood, sauce, etc.
- Bring your own ice and generator, power is not provided. Camper hookups are not available.
- Each Team will receive 4 event wrist bands for team members, additional bands may be purchased for $25 each.
- Town Health Inspector will be on site. Teams must adhere to all Town ordinances. Permit fees are being paid by the organizers.
- Personal Vehicles will be parked away from the cook team locations. No golf carts, four wheelers, or motorized vehicles are permitted in the fenced in Cook Team area
- Hotel Rooms are available at the nearby Marriott Courtyard RiverWalk with special event rates available.
- QUESTIONS? INFO@FMSmokeFest.com
The FM Smoke Fest Leadership team